LA CANTINA DI ANTONIO
We have kept this quiet for a while now, as we have been fine tuning the details, but it has been a project in the making since even before Antico opened its doors in Jesmond.
It is no secret to our many friends and diners that Virginio knows his food and Antonio know his wine! They both love and appreciate both, but when it comes to selecting the wines for the restaurant, Antonio takes his job very very seriously. And as of next week, you will be able to select different wines from his own exclusive cellar – La Cantina di Antonio means just that!
But these are not just any ordinary wines – these are those wines that you want on the table when you are celebrating something special, when you are in the mood to treat yourself, when you want to impress someone! These are the wines for those in the know!!!
The selection is likely to change on a semi regular basis, as Antonio is always on the hunt for another special wine to add to his collection. Currently, you will be able to find the following special wines in his special cellar:
- ARGENTIERI (Salento) IGP 13% £21.95
- DON EFISIO (Monica di Sardegna) DOC 13.5% £22.95
- BARBERA D’ASTI (La Mondianese 2008) DOCG 13.5% £29.95
- VALPOLICELLA RIPASSO (2010) DOC £31.50
- CHIANTI RISERVA (San Jacopo) DOCG 14.5% £35.00
- SERGIA ROSSA (2009) IGT 14% £ 39.95
- CANNONAU DI SARDEGNA (Corash 2010) DOC 14% £39.95
- BAROLO (Natale Verga 2008) DOCG 14.5% £59.95
- AMARONE CLASSICO (2007) DOC 15.5% £59.95
- KILIM ROSSO SICILIA 14% (2007) £69.95
- AMARONE CLASSICO(Riserva 2005) DOC 15.5% £99.95
- MARCELLO (Ariola) 10.5% £35.95
- Pinot Nero Bianco (Oltrepo Pavese 2013) DOC £23.95
- Falanghina (Venus La Molara 2011) IGT £24.95
Please ask your waiter – or Antonio himself – for a copy of this special wine menu that is due to be released later this week.